Monday, March 19, 2007

Writing children's stories from a poodle's perspective

Today I'm sharing a wonderful article that was written about a very talented and creative woman.

She is diabetic, lost her sight years ago due to the disease, and has had to undergo many surgeries over the past few years.

Now many of us might few that as a handicap, but not this lady! Recently she began writing stories. Not just any stories - stories written from the perspective of her rambunctious and energetic toy poodle named Rudy!

I have met Stacy through her husband. She really is a creative and kind soul. (And really smart! Believe me, when we have game nights, the girls make sure she's on our team when we play Trivia Pursuit!)

My family was one of the fortunate few who received the Christmas letter that began it all. I sure hope I kept it so I can say "I knew her when!"

Take a minute to read about Stacy and her poodle Rudy. If you like what you read, please contact her with your support and encouragement. I know she would be very appreciative.

The article was written by Erica Christoffer with Sun Newspapers. I've linked to the article here. If you are unable to read it, leave me a comment and I'll see if I can get permission to reprint the article on my blog.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia said it just right....beautiful story, beautiful soul. Marshmallow, I love that name, now I need a white cat!

    You know, you could STILL make it if you hurry.....HURRY!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin