Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring sewing - the butterfly top from HotPatterns

I was at a meeting this afternoon and the location just happened to be close to a Hancock Fabrics. So of course once the meeting ended, I made a slight detour on my way home to purchase one of the newly released HotPatterns, "No Sweat Easy sew Butterfly Tops & Wrap Skirt".
And since I actually had a some free time this evening, I traced off the cowl neck version (shown on the right) and cut it out of a lightweight blue knit that was in the stash. (The knit was for a top I was going to make for my daughter - sorry kiddo! I promise I'll purchase something even better to replace it!)

There are only four pattern pieces, so I expect this won't take much time to sew up at all. That is, once I find another free hour or two.

I'm testing out this pattern line as I'd like to recommend it to my daughter-in-law, who wants to learn to sew. (Okay, she's not really my daughter-in-law, but I sure hope she will be some day! She's an absolute sweetheart.) If it is as easy as it appears I think there are a complete of styles in this line that she will really like.

On a completely different note...my DH and I were trying to come up with a cute and clever title for this post - maybe a song title with the word butterfly in it, but all we could think of was Iron Butterfly and the song "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how this top turns out! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,

    Many of us will be happily waiting to see your Butterfly Creation. I purchased this pattern also and will make it soon. I just finished the HP 108 Jacket (Geisha Girl) and will post the first version of it this weekend.
    nylorac Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin