Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lazy Girl Designs - Handbags and a Blog Hop

Are you all familiar with Lazy Girl Designs? I've always enjoyed reading the reviews of the handbags on PatternReview but hadn't actually tried any of the patterns myself.

When Joan Hawley offered a one day only special on Valentine's Day, I jumped at the chance to buy one pattern and receive one free. The only "catch" was that you couldn't choose your free pattern - it would be chosen for you based on the pattern you purchased.

There were so many cute bag patterns to choose from. I knew I wanted the Bold Bags book but debated between the Gracie Handbag and Chloe Handbag, finally settling on the Gracie Handbag. The package arrived in just a few days and imagine my delight when I opened it and discovered the Chloe Handbag was my free pattern!

I dug through my stash and have decided to try the Chloe handbag from this piece of gray purple silk. The coordinated fibers are from my scrapbook supplies and the beads are left over from a place mat purse project that I submitted for consideration in my girlfriend's upcoming book.
For the Gracie bag I think I'll use these two coordinated pieces of pink polka dot cotton fabrics. What fun to carry a pink polka dot bag this summer!


I've been reading the Lazy Girl blog for a while now, and in fact, found out about the one day pattern special from her blog.

Beginning tomorrow, the "Day Z Dozen Lakehouse" blog hop begins. The details are on her blog (click on the logo) and it looks like it should be fun. I really like the Lakehouse fabrics - the big, bold flowers, the black and white coordinates, and the cheerful colors. Looks like I'll be stopping by the local quilt shop to big up some fabric from this line. I may even be ambitious enough to complete something by March 17 so I too can participate in the blog hop!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl Winlslow5:12 PM

    Sharon, What a world it has become for sewing!

    You blog reminds me of those garment-sewing days of past years. Some days I miss garment construction. The last project was my daughter’s prom dress. (14 yards of tulle for an overskirt)

    Living in a rural area has certainly changed my social attire! Now I spend my days quilting. I would love to share my latest project with you! Big crayon box daisy’s that make me smile. Just like perfecting a dress pattern- I seem to make many variations on a single quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    Thank you for sharing our Day Z Dozen blog hop with your readers!

    I can't wait to see your Gracie Handbag and I love the goodies you've gathered for Chloe.

    My best,
    Joan Hawley
    Lazy Girl Designs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin