Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Vogue Pattterns magazine arrived in the mail today

I love getting stuff in the mail - especially magazines - don't you? My husband thinks its goofy but by now he realizes that it is part of my "unwind after work" routine and just lets me flip through the stuff for a few minutes.

I had visited Barnes and Noble on my lunch break today looking for a great new sewing book, or magazine, or something to do with textiles that would inspire me. You see I have this gift card that is just burning a hole in my pocket book but I don't want to waste it on just any book. It has to be the right one. One that I want to bring home and add to my large library of sewing and craft books.

Anyway, they had nothing! Nothing, nothing, nothing. Oh, they had plenty of books in stock, just not any that sparked an interest in me.

That's why I was so excited to see the new Vogue Patterns in the mailbox when I got home from work. The new patterns were not yet on the Vogue pattern website so I haven't linked any of the pattern numbers.

As I flipped through the pages one of the first things I saw was the back of this new Issey Miyake pattern! I'm a huge fan of these patterns and still kick myself for selling many of them on eBay about six years ago. I like the lacing detail on the back. (It's Vogue 2952.)

I'm not so crazy about the front. It seems a bit shapeless, but some of his stuff does. And I'm not sure if the sleeves are supposed to be too long, or if they are just too long on the model. I think the long sleeve length makes it look a bit dowdy.

I love this suit by Oscar de la Renta. Nice clean lines, shorter length, rounded collar, and look at the great back detail! (Vogue 2956)

There are some new Divine Details patterns in this issue - and I sure wish I had someplace to where this white suit! I just might make it and wear it on Easter Sunday just because. You probably can't see the front detail on this photo, but check it out when it gets on the Vogue website. It too has nice details on the back of the jacket. (Vogue 8355)

Another interesting Divine Detail pattern is this black/white checked dress. I like the shape of the dress to begin with, but what it really great is the stripes at the midriff are created with tucks. (Vogue 8353) I also like the black/white striped jacket with the lace inset (Vogue 8368)


This is a Vogue Wardrobe pattern (Vogue 2958) with a sleeveless top, flounced skirt, a dress, wide legged pant and a curved seamed jacket. I like all of the pieces in this pattern although I would narrow the width of the pant leg.



There are a few other interesting designs in the magazine but you'll be able to catch all of them as soon as Vogue updates their website. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I don't subscribe, but looks like I should! My mouth is salivating over that white suit! I'm going to have to make that even if it just hangs in the closet for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 8355 (white suit) - I need to come up with a place that I can wear that too. The details on that dress is fantastic. I may have to stop by Borders tomorrow and check this issue out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sharon-check out l.m.harteker's weblog 'blackwater park'. She has some really interesting sewing book reviews that you may find useful. Look for them in the right-hand sidebar (you have to scroll down a bit)then,if you like, you can order through Borders using your gift card as payment.Thanks for the new VP mag preview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get mine. For the last year I see just toooo many dresses and suits that are destined to become my wedding attire. I should just stop already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin