Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Looks like I'll be sewing window valances in the near future

I haven't sewn window treatments in almost three years. I think I just got tired of sewing them. When we moved into our current home, I purchased curtains to dress the windows from Target and told my self it was "good enough for now." Its been three years and I am just now beginning to think it might be time to actually plan some great treatments for the windows.

But, it looks like I'll get a chance to sew a valance sooner than I thought! My sister-in-law saw a valance she really liked and asked if I could make one for her large picture window. Of course I said yes! But then I remembered to add a disclaimer - that I really needed to see a picture of the valance first.

Here it is! Isn't it lovely?
The workroom that created this valance did an fantastic job of laying out and matching the pattern. Near the top of the pleat there is a fabric covered button. Nice little detail that is simple to do but says "custom".


I'm waiting for my sister-in-law to get me a photo of the back of the treatment so I can verify how it is mounted. I have a good idea, but I'd like to confirm it with a photo.

The part I dread the most? All of the mathematical calculations required to make sure the pleats are equal size and planning the layout to match the pattern. But that's what calculators are for, right?

I'll keep you posted when she decides she's ready to shop for the valance fabric. Pin It

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin