Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A busy week without much time for sewing

I was impressed when I read of Linda's commitment to spend time doing something sewing related four times per week. I was even more impressed when I read that she was doing it! Hmmm, I wonder if reading sewing related blogs counts? If so, I could easily meet that commitment!

While I do have weeks that I am able to spend time sewing or at least spend time on a sewing related item (like attending a sewing expo or class), it seems as if I have many more weeks where that just doesn't happen.

This is turning out to be one of those weeks. Monday and Tuesday evenings were booked. Tonight was also booked but my hair appointment was cancelled. Which is a bit of a bummer as I was planning on stopping by the Hancock's near my hair salon to pick up some Vogue patterns during the 75 percent off sale. I also wanted to look for some fun faux fur to make a cool coat like this one reviewed by nicegirl512. Which means I would have been doing something sewing related...

Oh well, at least my pocketbook is happy. I'm certain there will be more sales on Vogue patterns in the future and I'll purchase what I'm interested in at that point.

Thursday evening I won't be able to sew as I will be attending the monthly meeting of the Gospel and Greasepaint Clowns with my father. We both graduated from Christ Clown College in 2005 (60 hours of training based on Ringley Bros. and Barnum & Bailey clown college) but haven't done too much with our clown ministry training since then. This will be the first time we've attended teh G&G clown group meeting and we're looking forward to it. The guest "speaker" is a clown who will demonstrate how to use weighted hula-hoops in clown routines. Fun, fun, fun!

That brings me to Friday evening. I have to sew Friday evening because I have to finish my faux fur jacket for the parade on Saturday. With the temps predicted to be in the mid teens, I will want the warmth of a faux fur jacket. Guess I should have looked at my schedule last week when I put work on the coat aside to work on those 80s inspired tees.

The cancellation of tonight's appointment works out well as I should be able to get the lining sewn into the jacket tonight so I can have a Friday Night Date Night with my husband. Now there's an incentive! I'd better get sewing. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin