Sunday, November 19, 2006

Introducing the newest member of my sewing machine family

I did it. I purchased the Pfaff 2056. I was sold the minute I was able to easily stitch through a sample I had brought with me. It was a braided handle sewn from home dec fabric, with batting inside, three strips braided, with grograin ribbon sewn down the center, with velcro sewn over that, finished at the edge with home dec fabric turned under. Did you follow that? My Elna 8000 groaned when I tried to sew that thickness. My old Kenmore clunked through it - just barely.

So let me introduce the latest addition to my sewing room. Doesn't she look modern? She's all computerized and I need to use a stylus to choose the stitch options. I'm almost afraid to use her because she was so expensive. I have the manual and an instructive CD to guide me until my first class (scheduled for early December). I did forget to have the dealer show me how to wind the bobbin so I think I need to spend some time with the manual before I get down to the fun part - sewing.

And speaking of dealers. Oh my gosh! I am so happy with the dealer I purchased this from. Its the same lady I spoke to at the expo and I spent a few hours with her at the shop getting my questions answered and just talking about this and that. I get free classes on how to use the machine and she reinterated that if there were any problems to call her right away because sometimes the machines need a wee bit of tweaking. Nice, nice lady. I do want to share this as its been weighing on my heart ever since she shared with me. We were chatting about all kinds of things and I had asked about her family. Well turns out her husband was killed in an accident last February. The whole situation has turned into quite a mess and she has needed to get a lawyer involved. In addition, this will be her first Thanksgiving and Christmas without her husband. I just want to ask any of you who feel led to pray for her. Pray that she'll be okay over the holidays and that the whole messy situation will be resolved quickly.

Okay, off the sewing room! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new edition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Congrats! I have the Pfaff 7550 and when it dies I am upgrading to the 2056. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures with this machine.
    Linda from patternfabricthread.blogspot.com. I can't sign in yet to leave comments ever since I upgraded to blogger beta :(.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin