Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Check this out! Pantry Purses - an episode from Kaye's Quilting Show - Online!

And it is a great episode featuring Cheryl Weiderspahn (of Homestead Specialties Pattern Company). Cheryl's the fantastic lady whose booth I worked in at the Madison Quilt Expo last month.

Now, I'm not a quilter so if I hadn't met Cheryl I would never have discovered her incredibly clever clothing and accessory patterns. The way this lady's mind thinks never ceases to amaze me. I also know that she is a gifted teacher - everyone I talk to that has attended one of her classes at an expo has commented on how much they learned as well as how much fun they had.

Cheryl has appeared on Kaye's Quilting Show a number of times; this latest appearance was to demonstrate her Pantry Purses pattern. Get this, it is a pattern to make a purse with eight coordinated accessories tucked inside of the purse. Nothing too special right? Wrong! The purse and accessories began life as potholders and placemats.

I would guess the clip was about 25 minutes long. Not only does she show items from her pattern, but she demonstrates a way to install a zipper and how to install the magnetic snaps that many purses use as closures. I got a kick out of watching the episode as I don't have the opportunity to see these types of television shows. Now you can too! Grab a cup of tea (and chocolate) and enjoy! (Just click on the image below to go to the site.)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin