Sunday, October 15, 2006

The 1940's retro style jacket from Simplicity 4081 is completed

This was one of the patterns that I purchased fabric for during my visit to SR Harris Fabric Outlet last week. This was a fairly quick jacket to sew. The jacket is lined and the pattern included instructions for bagging the lining. I don't think I'll be going back to my old method of lining jackets.

By far the most time consuming part of constructing this jacket was sewing on the soutache trim! As you can see, I didn't think through where the beginning and ending of the trim should be, so it is more visible than I would like. It would have been better to hide it in one of the scrolls.
The full review of the pattern can be read at patternreview. Now, on to the next project. Next up - Simplicity 4074.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Stunning jacket! I was just thinking about this pattern last night and here it is on your blog today. I am glad to see that you enjoyed working with the pattern, I'll have to pay close attention to the baging instructions, it will be interesting to learnt this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful jacket. Love the soutache trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jacket!

    I bought this pattern recently, but haven't opened the envelope yet. I hadn't realized the trim was braid! I was planning some embroidery instead because I would never be able to do a neat job.

    Very helpful review - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin