Sunday, September 03, 2006

Update on the Butterick 4849 dress

I changed my mind on the midriff band. The dress really needs some contrast there to help show the lines of the dress. I dug in my stash and found a small piece of black velvet - enough to use for the band. The next step was to sew the skirt pieces together and attach them to the top portion of the dress.

I left the center back seam open so I could insert an invisible zipper. As I was sewing in the zipper, when I came to the midriff band I realized that I had neglected to verify if the bands matched up in the back. Since I was almost done putting the zipper in, I decided to finish it and rip it out if the bands didn't match up. As soon as I finished the last stitch, I zipped it closed and breathed a sigh of relief. A perfect match!


I still haven't decided on what to put on the neck bands, so I will put the dress aside while I wait for something to catch my eye.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin