Sunday, September 17, 2006

The unveiling of the "Low -Sew Boutique" book cover


Alas, it is not my book. However, it is a book that has my friend's name as the author!

At last year's Wisconsin Public Television and Sewing with Nancy Quilt Expo, my friend, Cheryl Weiderspahn, was approached by Krause Publications about the possibility of doing a book.

Cheryl had been out of the booth teaching a class and I was busy helping the many
visitors that were looking at the patterns and the clothing samples. I was enthusiastically talking about Cheryl's newest pattern that debuted at the show. The pattern, Pantry Purses, had been getting a lot of attention. As well it should have...it is a creative idea and the samples in the booth were adorable. Well, unbeknownst to me, one of the customers I was talking to was the acquisitions editor of Krause Publications. She was interested in the idea of making accessories from potholders and placemats and wanted to speak to Cheryl about an entire book based on the concept.

To make a year-long story short, the book is scheduled to be released in Spring 2007 and the cover was unveiled at this year's Quilt Expo! I'm not even the author and it was exciting for me to see the process this past year, so I can only imagine how excited Cheryl is.

I haven't seen any of the book's completed projects yet, but I did see chapter outlines as well as the project titles. I do know that there were too many projects submitted, so a few of them were not included.

Well, I must admit I also have a bit of a selfish reason to see the final book. Cheryl had invited her friends and students to send in projects of their own for possible inclusion in the gallery section of the book. I submitted five items, all made from kitchen related items, for consideration. The editor had final say on what was to be included, so even Cheryl doesn't know what will be in the gallery.

I'm hoping that when Cheryl sees the thumbnails from the publisher that she will end the suspense and let me know if any of my projects made the final cut. Either way, I know that I will be purchasing a copy of the book. And I bet I can get an autographed copy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin