Saturday, September 23, 2006

Missing! My passion for sewing...

I don't know what's going on, but the past two weeks even the thought of being in my sewing room has no appeal for me. I don't want to caress my fabric, I don't want to drool over my patterns, and I really don't want to sit down at the sewing machine and actually use it.

My high school reunion is next weekend (30 years...where does the time go?) and I wanted to make something fantastic to wear (even though they keep stressing that it is casual, casual, casual, I am not wearing blue jeans) and I just never got around to it. At this point I'm not going to sew something as none of my fabric or patterns are doing it for me, ya know what I mean? I even spent the morning at the Mall of America trying to find something casual, flattering, trendy (yet age appropriate), but after sewing most of my clothing for years I found I'm a bit critical of the fit and the construction, not to mention the price!


Seems I'm not the only one in the sewing community going through a dry spell. I was reading other blogs to see if something would spark my passion and wouldn't you know it...Linda just posted about her sewing funk. Sad to see other's are feeling the same way, but on the other hand, I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Well, tomorrow's another day. In the past, some of my best ideas have come to me in my dreams so may be I'll wake up inspired.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sharon ~ I truly believe that it is the time of the year. Look at all the sewing sites and blogs, everyone seems to be thinking about it (some) and talking about it alot that we are just not sewing! Watch the first cold snap will hit the country and our sewing machines will fire up on their own accord! *smile* Good luck with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Carolyn is right. Though today I feel like I am back in the game!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin