Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Leaving tomorrow for the Quilt Expo in Madison, WI

This is the second year for the Wisconsin Public Television and Sewing with Nancy Quilt Expo. The expo is at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI from September 14-16. I will be a booth helper for my friend, Cheryl Weiderspahn (clothing pattern designer and owner of Homestead Specialties).

I actually met Cheryl at a sewing expo about seven years ago. I was a volunteer stationed at the entrance taking tickets. Her booth was near the entrance, we struck up a conversation and she asked if I would ever consider being a booth worker. Well, of course I said yes! She called two years later when she was back in town and during the course of that three day show we discovered we had a lot in common. That was the beginning of our long distance friendship. We live in different states so the only time I see her is when I help her out at sewing expos. There have been so many times I wished we lived closer to one another, so that is one reason I'm so excited to be going to this show.

I worked as her assistant last year when the show debuted and we had a blast! (Although I will say it was one of the busiest sewing expos I've ever worked. We barely had time to take a break and grab a bite to eat!) There were so many wonderful people that attended. We were exhausted every night, but we had a great time demonstrating her garments, answering questions, and swapping sewing stories with booth visitors. Cheryl is one of those people that, when you talk to her, you will feel like you've been friends with her for years. She genuinely cares about people and it shows.

So I head out tomorrow for another whirlwind two days of begin surrounded by sewing enthusiasts. The show is actually three days, but I have a work commitment and I need to be back in town by Saturday afternoon, so I won't be there for the last day. Which, if it is anything like last year, was the best. Cheryl hired an additional booth helper this year, so hopefully I'll get a chance to take some photos and visit the other vendor booths.

If you're at the Quilt Expo this weekend be sure to stop by the Homestead and say hi! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin