Saturday, September 16, 2006

I'm back from the Quilt Expo in Madison

Actually, the quilt expo is still underway as I post this. The show closes today at 6 p.m. I needed to leave early this morning so I could arrive at home in time to attend a work function. I wish I could have stayed one more day, although to be honest I'm not too sad about missing tear down!
I almost had the opportunity to work the entire expo with a black and blue face! The first day there, just as the expo opened, I was helping Cheryl pull a purse down from her booth's hanging display and wouldn't you know it? That darn metal purse handle hit me smack dab in the middle of my nose. Did it ever hurt! Of course, all I could think of was, great, I get to spend two days talking to people with a swollen nose and black eyes. It brought to mind the scene from the Brady Bunch episode when Marcia gets hit in the nose with the football.

So, if by chance to you made it to the expo and stopped by the Homestead Specialties booth the first hour of the expo, I was the one huddled in the corner holding ice on my nose trying to disappear into the background, so I apologize for not visiting with you.

Turns out the ice was a good thing as the swelling went away quickly and I only had to deal with a headache. The rest of the day was fantastic. I'll share more later. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin