Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Quick update on the progress of jacket from Butterick 4863

The jacket is going together like a dream! All notches and small dots appear to match up well and it really is an easy pattern to sew. I still need to finish sewing the facing, add buttonholes and buttons, and hem the sleeves and bottom of the jacket.

The snag I've run into is that the jacket is too big! In Butterick patterns, I typically sew a size 12 and make an FBA. That's what I did with this jacket and it is large. The upper back and upper chest area seem large, the unhemmed sleeves hang below my fingertips, and I've taken in the waist and hip seams. The pattern is described as semi-fitted and after getting this far, I would consider it loose-fitting. I'm not sure if it is the pattern, the fabric I choose (which has lycra), or the fact that I began an upper body weight workout routine six weeks ago and my body is changing.

Tonight, I'll take it in where I can, complete the jacket and get the skirt put together. If all goes as planned, I can hem everything while watching Project Runway! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the jacket ~ hopefully pics soon?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin