Sunday, June 25, 2006

New pick-me-up project

After the disappointment over the completed Simplicity 4072 dress, I decided I needed to sew something quick to cheer me up again. I pulled out this pattern - Simplicity 4496 (another Threads pattern) along with two yards of a linen print from my stash. I guess the colors pink and black have appealed to me lately as this print is a black background with printed butterflies scattered through out in shades of pink (along with embroidered butterflies and sequins to really put it over the edge).

The skirt is almost done - just need to finish the facing at the waist and hem it. I love projects like this! Just over an hour from the time I cut it out to the time I quit sewing. It is a very simple skirt and I like the fit. From the photographs on the cover, I expected it to be a fuller skirt, but it is almost a-line - very flattering. I choose to eliminate the vertical trims on the skirt because 1) I didn't have any around and 2) I'm too lazy to add any additional embellishments.

I'll need to dig through the fabric stash to make more of this skirt. Definitely a keeper.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love this skirt -the fabric is gorgeous. And thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin